We’ve been discussing virtual home shoppers for a while, but it’s never been more relevant. Builders across the country are adjusting their messaging and strategy to snatch up serious buyers and moving all of their physical processes online. We think that these adaptations will not only bode well for the current conditions, but it will be relevant in the future as well! If you missed our webinar, Best Practices For Connecting With Virtual Shoppers, you can watch the recording here or follow the summary in our two part blog series! In this series we will cover which calls-to-action make sense right now and messaging. You will have to stay tuned for the next one for tips on how to become a virtual meeting master and tips on the ‘new’ new home tour.
There’s been a seismic shift in the positioning that we’re using and recommending for calls-to-action online. Our normal CTA’s may not be relevant anymore and we need to meet shoppers where they are.
Shop Homes Online
Schedule a Personal Tour
Schedule a Virtual Appointment
Tour Our Homes Online
Start Designing Your Homes Online
Build Confidence Throughout The Journey
Like your CTA’s, it’s important to shift the messaging on your website. Consumers are also trying to adapt to the idea of shopping for a home online and your messaging should guide them.
Messaging That Works For Today's Virtual Home Shoppers
- Testimonials are a great way to build confidence with online shoppers. You should have testimonials on your website and verified reviews from real homeowners on trusted 3rd party sites TrustBuilder.
- Personal Messages are key right now and a great touch to connect with shoppers who may be unsure if now is a good time to buy.
- Transparency about how your process has changed and what shoppers can expect can build the confidence that buyers need to move forward
Show Them How Easy It Is
- A Step By Step Process is a helpful tool to convey your new process and how you are addressing the needs of virtual shoppers.
- Are you using new tools? Explaining how tools work can ease some of the frustration for those that may not be accustomed to using technology.
Now’s The Time
- Sharing the good news about low interest rates will help assure home shoppers that now is the best time to buy.
- Stories of recent new home owners can also encourage shoppers that now is the time to buy and stories that resonate with their excitement is sure to help encourage them to move forward.
Shopping, Buying, and Designing From The Comfort Of Your Couch
- There is no health risk in shopping, buying and designing than from the comfort of your couch.
- With virtual tools to facilitate the journey, it’s just like you are there in person.
By adding these tools to your virtual home shopper tool box, you will be well on your way to connecting with the purposeful, highly engaged buyers that are still in the market to buy a home now. Join us for part 2 of this series as we cover mastering the virtual meeting and the "new"new home tour.
Looking for more tips on how to ensure you are ready to meet the demands of virtual shoppers? Fill out the form below for a free Virtual Home Shopper Readiness Assessment.
About the AuthorMore Content by Alaina Latiolais