Exciting Updates to Improve Homebuyer Engagement on NewHomeSource
New home sales are soaring. This can be equated to not only a record decline in existing home inventory but also the demand for homes with modern features and layouts as we spend more time than ever there.
And there’s no better place for homebuyers to find their new dream home than NewHomeSource.com. As the industry’s number one source for new homes and builder listings, we are constantly listening to the market to adapt and understand how today’s shoppers are buying homes.
In part one of our blog series on NewHomeSource, we review the changes made to improve homebuyer engagement and time spent on our listing detail pages.
Larger Gallery Image and New Features
Research shows that images are the most important factor in engaging new home buyers so we’ve modified the NewHomeSource listing detail page to make sure they are front and center:
- The lead form has been moved flush left of the gallery allowing for a larger gallery image
- A new icon-based “index “ has been added below the gallery image making it easily accessible to click on an array of images, floor plans or videos of the home
- A bright call to action button – Request a Tour – has been placed immediately below the gallery image
- A save button (heart), which most consumers are familiar with, is now overlaid on the gallery images making it easy-to-find for users
Redesigned Full-Page Image Viewer
60% of all NewHomeSource users who visit a listing detail page spend time in Full-Page Image Viewer. Knowing this, we’ve made some significant updates to increase homebuyer engagement:
- The page has been redesigned as a “lightbox” to maximize the featured image size
- The “film strip” located on the side is now much easier to use and interact with
- Floor plans and site plans are now zoomable
New Floor Plan Viewer
Our research showed that NewHomeSource shoppers wanted better access to floorplan content so we’ve made improvements specific to this area:
- Floor plans are now called out as a new section on the listing detail page (in the top horizontal bar) so that floor plans (static and interactive) would be a primary page feature
- The page now makes use of the full-width image viewer so that all other media – images and tours - is directly accessible from the floor plan page
- Floorplans are now zoomable and can be increased in size and moved
Read part two of the series, where we’ll detail how we’ve reduced friction and made changes to improve lead quality and quantity on NewHomeSource.com.
Want to learn more about NewHomeSource? Already listing your new homes but want to make them even better? Contact email@example.com to speak to a consultant today.
About the AuthorMore Content by Builders Digital Experience